If you would like to have general information on any of the books listed here, you can search The National Library Service at www.loc.gov/nls. Click on "Search the Catalog" and type in the book title or the author's name to do a search for a short description of the book.
- Adams, Ph.D., Marilyn. (1990). Beginning to Read: Thinking and Learning About Print - A Summary. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Gardner, Ph.D., Howard. (1993). Frames of Mind: The Theory of Multiple Intelligences. Boulder, CO: Basic Books.
- Gopnik, Ph.D., Alison, Meltzoff, and Kuhl. (1999). The Scientist in the Crib. New York, NY: Harper Collins Publishers.
- Hall, Susan L. and Moats, Ed.D., Louisa C. (2002). Parenting a Struggling Reader. New York, NY: Broadway Books.
- Hall, Susan L. and Moats, Ed.D., Louisa C. (1999). Straight Talk About Reading. Chicago, IL: Contemporary Books.
- Healy, Ph.D., Jane M. (1999). Endangered Minds: Why Children Don't Think and What We Can Do About It. New York, NY: Touchstone Books.
- Healy, Ph.D., Jane M. (1994). Your Child's Growing Mind: A Practical Guide to Brain Development and Learning From Birth to Adolescence. New York, NY: Broadway Books.
- Hallowell, M.D., Edward. (1996). When You Worry About the Child You Love: Emotional and Learning Problems in Children. New York, NY: Fireside (Simon & Schuster).
- Latham, J.D., Peter S. and Latham, J.D., Patricia H. (1993). Learning Disabilities and the Law. Washington, DC: JKL Communications.
- Mercer, Ed.D., Cecil. (1997). Students with Learning Disabilities. Columbus, OH: Prentice Hall.
- Osman, Ph.D., Betty. (1979). Learning Disabilities: A Family Affair. New York, NY: Random House.
- Osman, Ph.D., Betty. (1995). No One to Play With: The Social Problems of LD and ADD Children. Novato, CA: Academic Therapy Press.
- Orton Emeritus Series. The International Dyslexia Association.
- Rawson, M.A., Margaret. (1988). The Many Faces of Dyslexia. Baltimore, MD: The International Dyslexia Association.
- Shaywitz, M.D., Sally. (2003). Overcoming Dyslexia: A New and Complete Science-Based Program for Reading Problems at Any Level. New York, NY: Knopf.
- Silver, M.D., Larry. (1984). The Misunderstood Child. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
- Simmons, Ph.D., Deborah and Kame'enui, Ph.D., Edward. (1998). What Reading Research Tells Us About Children with Diverse Learning Needs. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Trusdell, Mary Louise and Horowitz, Inge W., eds. (2002). Understanding Learning Disabilities: A Parent Guide and Workbook. Baltimore, MD: York Press
- Vail, Priscilla. (1990). About Dyslexia. Rosemont, NJ: Modern Learning Press
- Vail, Priscilla. (1994). Emotion: The Off/On Switch. Rosemont, NJ: Modern Learning Press.
- Vail, Priscilla. (1991) Learning Styles. Rosemont, NJ: Modern Learning Press.
- Vail, Priscilla. (1987). Smart Kids with School Problems. New York, NY: Penguin Books.
- Vail, Priscilla. (1991). Words Fail Me. Rosemont, NJ: Modern Learning Press.
- West, Thomas. (1991). In the Mind's Eye. Buffalo, NY: Prometheus Books.
- Wright, Esq., Peter, W.D., Wright, and Heath. (2004). No Child Left Behind. Hartfield, VA: Harbor House Law Press, Inc.
- Wright, Esq., Peter, W.D. and Wright, M.A., Pamela Darr. (2004). Wrightslaw: Special Education Law From Emotions to Advocacy: The Special Education Survival Guide. Hartfield, VA: Harbor House Law Press, Inc.